banner,air,nut,judemary

advert banner

Monday, June 26, 2017

I Did Not Say Igbos Are Irrelevant in Nigeria – Finance Minister, Adeosun

​The Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, has denied claims that she insulted Igbos by saying she is happy they are becoming more irrelevant in Nigeria’s financial system.


She made the denial while reacting to an alleged tweet in her name saying, “I am happy that Igbos are gradually becoming insignificant in Nigeria financial system and before the end of 2023 Igbos will be insignificant in South east and Nigeria in general.”

Dismissing the claim, the Minister said she never tweeted anything of the sort, adding that the tweet was photoshopped onto her Twitter handle by some people looking to cause trouble for her.

Adeosun maintained that every part of country is important to Nigeria’s financial system.

In a terse statement on her Facebook wall, Adeosun wrote: “It has come to my attention that there’s a fake Twitter post circulating in my name, suggesting that I said something derogatory about Igbos. Kindly disregard it.

“It’s nothing but a shoddy attempt to photoshop a hateful statement onto my Twitter handle. I did not say or tweet any such thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of IcechuksBlog