banner,air,nut,judemary

advert banner

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Actress Damilola Adegbite Says She Is Not Comfortable Playing "Good Girl" Roles


In an interview with New Telegraph, the beautiful actress talks about the most challenging role she has played and how she's being stereotyped ...
"Honestly, I haven’t really had any of those yet. I think I’m usually stereotyped a little bit and that happens a lot in the industry. Now that I really think about it, there is this one movie that was shot by Seyi Babatope. I got a chance to play a different role. For most of the time, I’m usually stereotyped which is one of the reasons why I chose to do this one because it’s nice to test your range as an actor.


For me, I feel most producers or directors would just typically cast you in a role that you became famous with because that’s the light that they see you in. They see that you can play that kind of character comfortably. They feel that there wouldn’t be too much of a need to train you or anything like that. Maybe it’s because I look like a good girl

You can decide to keep taking the same roles and just be on the same wavelength for a long time. But if you’re an actor that wants to be versatile, you want to be able to experiment and have fun with it, then it’s up to you. Some people are fine, they have a particular message that they want to stick to; they don’t want to diversify too much. It’s really all about your comfort zone. But for me as an actor, I would like to experiment and see how far I can go"


Culled from New Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of IcechuksBlog