banner,air,nut,judemary

advert banner

Sunday, April 15, 2018

''Why I threatened not to support my husband for a second term'' Aisha Buhari

Wife of President Buhari, Aisha Buhari, has given reasons why she openly criticised her husband and threatened to withdraw her support for his re-election bid.


Mrs Buhari in October 2016, granted an interview to BBC Hausa where she expressed disappointment at her husband's administration. In the interview, Mrs Buhari expressed doubt that she would support him if he seeks re-election unless he implemented immediate changes in personnel and policies.
“He is yet to tell me if he’ll seek re-election but I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again.” Mrs Buhari said during the interview
However in her acceptance letter to Vanguard newspaper who just made her their person of the year 2017, Mrs Buhari said she would now support his re-election bid.
“One of the reasons adduced for honouring me was the interview I granted which some people saw as criticism to a government that I am part of. I need to state that my position was a result of my sense of justice and not confrontation or disrespect. I was brought up to stand by the truth and this is how I have always been. As we are all aware, Nigerians elected this administration based on the trust and confidence they have on my husband. I therefore feel that we are here to serve Nigeria to the best of our ability. Let me use this opportunity to state that I support my husband in this call to service and will continue to do so,” she stated in her letter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of IcechuksBlog