banner,air,nut,judemary

advert banner

Monday, July 24, 2017

"Buhari And DSS Are The Ones Flouting Court Orders Not Me" - Nnamdi Kanu Alleges

The embattled leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, on Monday, in an interview granted to some journalists in Enugu, revealed the court cannot stop him from speaking.

Kanu, who was in Enugu to receive awards from a number of pan-Igbo groups, including the Igbo Women Assembly, the Eastern Consultative Assembly and the Igbo Students Union,revealed he was doing nothing illegal.

Asked if he was not worried that he could be re-arrested for flouting the bail conditions by granting the interview, Kanu said;
“I am replying you. That is what I am doing. I am not giving an interview, I am responding to the question you asked me. 
“The judge is a very learned fellow. She cannot stop me from speaking.”
Kanu added that President Muhammadu Buhari and the Department of State Services were the ones that are guilty of flouting court orders.
“Buhari and the DSS have been in multiple breaches of court order after the court order. I wish you can go to the DSS and ask Daura, what is his name? Lawal, whatever his name is, the DSS Director General, why DSS does not obey court orders. 
“They are the ones flouting the court orders. It’s not me. 
“What I am doing is entirely legal. You ask me a question and I respond to you because if I keep quiet you see me as a very arrogant fellow.”
Part of his bail conditions given by Justice Binta Nyako was that he was not to grant interviews or be in a gathering of more than 10 persons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of IcechuksBlog