banner,air,nut,judemary

advert banner

Friday, April 21, 2017

Magic Johnson gushes over gay son EJ Johnson saying 'we love him'


Appearing on the Ellen DeGeneres show, NBA legend Magic Johnson unequivocally supported his gay son EJ Johnson's sexuality. He said: 'I think it's all about you not trying to decide what your daughter or son should be or what you want them to become. It's all about loving them no matter who they are, what they decide to do.

'And when my son came out, I was so happy for him and happy for us as parents. We love him. EJ is amazing. So you got to support your child, because there are so many people who try to discriminate against them, so they need you to support them. Because if you don't support them, who is going to support them? And love them? It's really important.'
Magic Johnson is no stranger to coming out with a big announcement. He bravely announced his HIV diagnosis when he retired from the sport in 1991.

Magic's wife Earlitha 'Cookie' Kelly - who's HIV negative - was two months pregnant with EJ at the time of the shocking announcement.
24yr old EJ Johnson has spoken of how privileged he feels to have such a supportive family and said he never felt pressure to follow in his heterosexual father's athletic footsteps. He said:
'It just motivates me to create my own legacy. My path is completely different than my dad's. I think that I'm really blessed because I don’t feel the pressure to necessarily meet him on that level because I'm not taking that sports and business path. I'm just doing me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of IcechuksBlog